October 14, 2008

Tahini Cookies




I had some Tahini left in the fridge that was annoying me, I came across this recipe from the Devletsah website and it was so simple I had to try it. These cookies are the melt in your mouth type, I enjoyed eating them because they don't contain any butter/margarine, so it seemed a little healthier than the usual shortbread type cookies.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup Tahini (sesame seed paste)
  • 1 cup icing sugar
  • 1 cup oil
  • 25g Vanillin Sugar
  • 1 cup walnut pieces (cut into smaller chunks)
  • 4.5 cups plain flour

Method

1. Mix all the ingredients together and form a soft dough

2. Rest the dough for 10 minutes under a wet tea towel

3. Divide dough into small balls, roll and flatten

4. Place cookies on a greased tray and cook in the oven for about 30 minutes. Until it looks golden brown

5. Dust with icing sugar whilst warm.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...