Photo: courtesy of foofer.
These pancakes have been such a hit at our place recently, especially with the girls. What is even more exciting is having Foofer in the kitchen. He came up with this recipe on his own, he started with a basic pancake recipe and then after a bit of experimenting he fine tuned it. The secret to these pancakes are caster sugar and PURE Canadian Maple Syrup. We normally double the recipe when we make it to feed a family of 4.
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- few drops of vanilla essence
- fruit of your choice (strawberries, bluberries etc)
- whipped cream
- PURE Canadian Maple Syrup
- Pre-heat and lightly grease non stick frypan (we use margarine)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl
- Use ladle to pour desired amount of batter into pan and cook until bubbles form on surface of pancake
- Turn and cook other side.
- Serve using fresh fruit, whipped cream and maple syrup. YUMMO!