A variation to the standard Bulgur Pilaf -made with Chicken and Chickpeas gives it more nutrition and chunkiness.
If you are vegetarian just omit the chicken.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Small piece chicken breast, diced
- 1/4 red capsicum, diced
- 3 small tomatoes or 2 medium tomatoes, skinned and diced
- 1 cup bulgur (cracked wheat)
- 1/2 can chickpeas
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fry up the onion in the oil, once wilted add in your chicken breast and cook until brown.
- Add capsicum and cook while stirring on medium heat.
- Next goes in the washed cracked wheat and water. Add in your tomato paste.
- Cook on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Finally before you take it off the heat add in your canned chickpeas and seasonings and give it a good mix. Let it simmer for a few more minutes until all the water has evapourated.
- Close the lid on your pot so the flavours absorb into one another.