January 27, 2008
It doesn't get any easier than this! This was made by foofer. You could even have this for breakfast with some yummy crunchy toast.
1 large tomato, sliced
2 pieces of Bocconcini cheese, sliced
cracked black pepper
1. Layer up the tomato and cheese on a plate.
2. Drizzle some olive oil over the top, season with salt and pepper.
January 23, 2008
1 Bunch Black Eyed Pea
2 lemons, juiced
2 tablespoon oil
1 onion, diced
1/4 cup water
Salt to taste
1. Cut up the black eyed pea and boil in water.
2. Drain and set aside.
3. Add oil into a separate pan and saute the onion.
4. Add the boiled black eyed pea, lemon juice and water. Mix together for a minute on low heat, adding salt to taste.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 kg peeled pumpkin, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium potato, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- dash of nutmeg (optional)
- cream for decoration when serving
1. Cook onion in oil until softened.
2. Add pumpkin, potato and chicken stock, pour in water to cover the vegetables and bring to the boil.
3. Simmer for 30 minutes, add salt (and nutmeg if you wish).
4. Blend the soup, you may need to do a few batches.
5. Return soup to pan, and reheat gently. Add some cream when serving.
This recipe is suitable to freeze. I have done it before and it tastes just as good. If you plan on freezing the soup, make sure you freeze without adding the cream.