Finally, I have updated the photo for this recipe! Looks much more appetizing. I would eat this as a main, but in our household it ends up becoming a side dish.
- 400g mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- 2 tomatoes, skinned and grated/crushed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (optional) or 1/2 cup water
- Wash and dice mushrooms. Set aside
- Fry up the onions and garlic in the oil, then add in the capsicums.
- Mix in the mushrooms and fry until brown.
- Make a well in the centre of the pan, and add in the tomato paste. Once you have mixed the paste through, in goes the crushed tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper
- If you have some chicken stock or stock powder on hand you can add it now, otherwise add a little water.
- Saute until tender. About 20 mins or so.