- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 kg peeled pumpkin, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium potato, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- dash of nutmeg (optional)
- cream for decoration when serving
1. Cook onion in oil until softened.
2. Add pumpkin, potato and chicken stock, pour in water to cover the vegetables and bring to the boil.
3. Simmer for 30 minutes, add salt (and nutmeg if you wish).
4. Blend the soup, you may need to do a few batches.
5. Return soup to pan, and reheat gently. Add some cream when serving.
This recipe is suitable to freeze. I have done it before and it tastes just as good. If you plan on freezing the soup, make sure you freeze without adding the cream.