March 21, 2009
Stuffed Capsicums (Dolma)
Okay I have finally gotten around to putting up the recipe...I had to remake this to jolt my memory!
This can be made without the mince meat.
6 small capsicums
1 cup rice
1 onion, diced
parsley, small bunch
mince meat, 150g cooked
salt & pepper to taste
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/2 cup water
Making the Filling
1. Cook the onion and the mince together until the mince is brown
2. Add in the washed rice and cook a little
3. Next add in water, you don't want to add too much because you want to keep filling al dente. It will cook again once you stuff the capsicums.
4. Finally as you are about to take it off the heat, add in tomato paste and give it a mix. Add in seasonings.
5. Sprinkle in parsley and mix until it wilts.
6. Stuff into capsicums
7. Line the stuffed capsicums into a pot add some water to cover 1/3 of capsicums and cook until the capsicums are soft - about 40 minutes or so.